This Applied Biomedical Sciences Research MRes programme offered at Wrexham Glyndwr University equips graduates with the skills and subject-specific knowledge needed to pursue a research-based career in academic biomedicine. The programme focuses on laboratory-based clinical research and provides ideal training for students who want to work in the industry, or subsequently wish to move onto a PhD programme, or who simply wish to undertake a significant research project at the Masters level.
- The skills and knowledge gained on this programme will make you attractive both to employers in the health, pharmaceutical and related industries, and to major academic research centres. The practical skills and knowledge acquired in design, performing and analysing experiments are highly transferable to a wide range of scientific areas.
- Students on this programme will be well-placed for careers in biomedical and clinical research, teaching, or to pursue studies towards a PhD, or graduate entry medical degree.
- Research methods
- Analytical & molecular techniques in Biomedical Science
- Clinical medicine: pathology of disease
- Research Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Educational Research View 276 other Masters in Biomedicine in United Kingdom
- An initial honours degree of Wrexham Glyndwr University or another approved degree awarding body.
- A minimum of 2:2 honours degree, which has a significant content of biological science (e.g. Biomedical Science, Human Biology, Biochemistry, Biological Sciences, etc.)
- Have relevant work experience at a senior level that is deemed to compensate the lack of formal qualifications, and have held a position of management responsibility within the biomedical, clinical or healthcare sectors for a minimum of three years within the previous five years.
- A scanned copy of your passport
- Certificates and transcripts
- Certified translations of overseas certificates and transcripts
- An acceptable English language certificate
- 2 x academic reference letters (further references might be required)
- Evidence of finances to pay first year’s full tuition fee and to cover UKVI maintenance requirements
- Evidence of work experience (where relevant)
International12500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7950 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Wrexham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.