The Applied Clinical Research MRes programme offered at Wrexham Glyndwr University equips graduates with the skills and subject-specific knowledge needed to pursue a research-based career in clinical medicine and healthcare. The programme focuses on clinical research (e.g. audits, clinical outcome measures, quality improvement, qualitative or quantitative), and provides ideal training for students who want to enhance their careers within the NHS and health sector, or subsequently wish to move onto a PhD programme, or who simply wish to undertake a significant research (120 credits) project at Masters level.
- This course is predominantly aimed at health professionals from a range of disciplines who wish to enhance their skills and knowledge in clinically focused research.
- It is aimed at those who wish to pursue clinical/academic research careers eg research nurses, clinical trials coordinators and principal investigators. The course provides comprehensive training in research, providing an excellent foundation for students who wish to go on to study for a PhD.
- Research methods
- Critically exploring professional practice in the context of health & society
- Clinical medicine: pathology of disease
- Research Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 1011 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- An initial honours degree of Wrexham Glyndwr University or another approved degree awarding body.
- A minimum of 2:2 honours degree, which has a significant content of biological science (e.g. Biomedical Science, Human Biology, Biochemistry, Biological Sciences, etc.)
- Have relevant work experience at a senior level that is deemed to compensate the lack of formal qualifications, and have held a position of management responsibility within the biomedical, clinical or healthcare sectors for a minimum of three years within the previous five years.
- A scanned copy of your passport
- Certificates and transcripts showing your academic progression so far
- Certified translations of overseas certificates and transcripts
- An acceptable English language certificate
- 2 x academic reference letters (further references might be required)
- Evidence of finances to pay first year’s full tuition fee and to cover UKVI maintenance requirements
- Evidence of work experience
International12500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7950 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Wrexham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.