Managing construction has become inexorably intertwined with sustainability.
The requirement for construction managers to have expertise in environmental engineering, building physics, sustainable design, and the commissioning and testing of sustainable buildings is fundamental to practical decision making and professional judgements.
This MSc Sustainable Design and Construction programme at Loughborough University addresses critical global challenges by integrating contemporary construction management theory and practice with fundamental and interrelated sustainable design theory and practice.
Emphasising the practical application of sustainability within the programme will provide you with hands-on experience and knowledge to deepen expertise for application within the public or private sector.
Recent graduate destinations from similar programmes include:
- BAM Nuttall Ltd
- Balfour Beatty
- Kier Group
- Morgan Sindall
- Transport for London
- Research Methods
- Digital Buildings in a Global Design Context
- Principles of Design and Construction
- Sustainable Design and Construction Theories, Principles and Assessment Tools
- Research Dissertation
- Low Energy Building Design
- Integrated Sustainable Design and Construction Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Design Sustainable Development View 292 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 honours degree or equivalent international qualification in a subject related to the built environment. Applicants with qualifications slightly below this level, alternative qualifications, and/or professional experience will also be considered.
International26500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11900 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Loughborough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.