Managing construction has become inexorably intertwined with sustainability.
The requirement for construction managers to have expertise in environmental engineering, building physics, sustainable design, and the commissioning and testing of sustainable buildings is fundamental to practical decision making and professional judgements.
This MSc Sustainable Design and Construction programme at Loughborough University addresses critical global challenges by integrating contemporary construction management theory and practice with fundamental and interrelated sustainable design theory and practice.
Emphasising the practical application of sustainability within the programme will provide you with hands-on experience and knowledge to deepen expertise for application within the public or private sector.
Recent graduate destinations from similar programmes include:
- BAM Nuttall Ltd
- Balfour Beatty
- Kier Group
- Morgan Sindall
- Transport for London
- Research Methods
- Digital Buildings in a Global Design Context
- Principles of Design and Construction
- Sustainable Design and Construction Theories, Principles and Assessment Tools
- Research Dissertation
- Low Energy Building Design
- Integrated Sustainable Design and Construction Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Design Sustainable Development View 524 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Loughborough University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A 2:1 honours degree or equivalent international qualification in a subject related to the built environment. Applicants with qualifications slightly below this level, alternative qualifications, and/or professional experience will also be considered.
International26500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11900 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Loughborough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.