Suitable for all engineering and applied science graduates, the MSc in Advanced Chemical Engineering will equip you with the skills to address the global chemical engineering challenges of the 21st century. You will develop an advanced knowledge of the sustainable supply of energy through the production of chemicals, functionalised products and fuels, alongside design, development and analysis of chemical processes. Using our campus pilot plant facilities and benefiting from Cranfield’s strong industry links, you will gain the essential skills and experience to develop a successful global career in a thriving discipline with its high demand for postgraduate level engineers.
The Advanced Chemical Engineering MSc is based on Cranfield’s industry driven research, which makes our graduates some of the most desirable in the world for recruitment by companies competing in a range of industries, including conventional and clean energy, materials, environments, biorefining, biochemicals, petrochemicals, waste management and consultancy and management.
Those wishing to continue their education via PhD or MBA studies in the chemical or energy sectors will be well prepared by the interdisciplinary, project-oriented profile that they will have acquired through this course.
By combining advanced chemical engineering topics, with a thorough underpinning in the management skills required to lead large, complex projects, this course will prepare you for a successful chemical engineering career.
- Prepare for real-world chemical engineering challenges via our practical focused modules, using on-campus pilot-scale facilities,
- Participate in individual and group projects to explore areas of particular interest and develop a track record of project management and delivery,
- Develop your technology leadership capabilities with the world-renowned Cranfield School of Management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Chemical Processes
- Principles of Renewable Energy Technologies
- Energy from Biomass and Waste: Thermochemical Processes
- Evaluating Sustainability through Lifecycle Approaches
- Process Design and Simulation
- Pilot Plant Operations
- Biofuels and Biorefining Processes
- Management for Technology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Although there are no set application deadlines, we recommend that you apply as early as possible to secure your place.
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry General Engineering & Technology View 794 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A first or second class UK Honours degree (or equivalent) in a related engineering or applied science.
- Other recognised professional qualifications or several years relevant industrial experience may be accepted as equivalent; subject to approval by the Course Director.
- Applicants who do not fulfil the standard entry requirements can apply for the Pre-Masters programme, successful completion of which will qualify them for entry to this course for a second year of study.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- MSc Part-time: £1,635
- PgDip Full-time: £8,000
- PgCert Full-time: £4,600
- PgDip Full-time: £17,400
- PgCert Full-time: £8,700
Living costs for Cranfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- GREAT China Scholarship
- The Cranfield Scholarship
- Masters Loan from Student Finance England
- Santander Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Future Finance Student Loans
- Chevening Scholarships
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship
- Cranfield Postgraduate Loan Scheme (CPLS)
- GREAT India Scholarship
- Lendwise Postgraduate Student Loan
- Scottish Power Masters Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.