When you complete the course successfully, your Master's degree and professional experience could lead to career opportunities in areas such as data science and engineering, financial data analytics, social media analysis, political data analysis and cybersecurity.What you'll experience
On this Data Analytics (with Professional Experience) MSc degree you'll:
- Use the UK's only university-based SAP Next Gen Lab, featuring the world's leading cloud-based business software
- Work on your technological and technical abilities
- Build your previous studies and experience to postgraduate level
- Master the big data and data mining tools you need for your career such as Python, R and machine learning
- Analyse data from the University's original research in cosmology, health informatics and cybersecurity
- Develop your knowledge of applied data analytics and engineering, big data, business intelligence, and advanced data management
- Engage with important topics, such as the use of emerging technologies in data mining, business intelligence, machine learning and big data
- Plan and develop an in-depth research project, using your analytical skills to demonstrate understanding beyond taught material
Data is a big source of economic value to businesses, government and individuals and the ability to analyse big data is expected to be one of the most sought-after skills over the next few decades. So this Master's in Data Analytics can significantly improve your career prospects.
In addition, this course focuses on your application and use of the latest data analytics and mining tools while on a professional experience placement. This adds to the tools and techniques you'll develop during workshops in our SAP Next Gen Lab and on our supercomputer.
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work. You can get help, advice and support from our Careers and Employability service for up to 5 years after you leave the University as you advance in your career.What can you do with a Master's in Data Analytics?
Previous graduates have gone on to work in areas including:
- data science and engineering
- business intelligence
- financial data analytics
- cybersecurity data scientist/analyst
- health care informatics
- social media analysis
- political data analysis
You can also use your Data Analytics MSc to get entry to higher-level professional qualifications such as British Computer Society accreditation.
More informationVisit official programme website
On this Master's degree in Data Analytics course, you'll study modules worth 190 credits.
The core modules are:
- Applied data and text analytics
- Big data applications
- Business intelligence
- Data management
- Master's engineering or study project
There are no optional modules on this course.
We use the best and most current research and professional practice alongside feedback from our students to make sure course content is relevant to your future career or further studies.
Therefore, some course content may change over time to reflect changes in the discipline or industry.
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Data Science & Big Data View 150 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in United Kingdom
A second-class honours degree in a relevant subject, or equivalent professional experience.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.0 with no component score below 6.0.
International10933 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16400 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
National5200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7800 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.