On this MSc Data Analytics (with Professional Experience) degree course, you'll combine a 6-month work placement or a professional experience module with taught modules that develop your skills in data analysis, and the application and management of big data. You'll see how you can apply data analytics tools in emerging technologies and start-ups using the UK's only university-based SAP Next Gen Lab.
When you complete the course successfully, your Master's degree and professional experience could lead to career opportunities in areas such as data science and engineering, financial data analytics, social media analysis, political data analysis and cybersecurity.
On this Data Analytics (with Professional Experience) MSc degree you'll:
- Use the UK's only university-based SAP Next Gen Lab, featuring the world's leading cloud-based business software
- Work on your technological and technical abilities
- Build your previous studies and experience to postgraduate level
- Master the big data and data mining tools you need for your career such as Python, R and machine learning
- Analyse data from the University's original research in cosmology, health informatics and cybersecurity
- Develop your knowledge of applied data analytics and engineering, big data, business intelligence, and advanced data management
- Engage with important topics, such as the use of emerging technologies in data mining, business intelligence, machine learning and big data
- Plan and develop an in-depth research project, using your analytical skills to demonstrate understanding beyond taught material
Careers and opportunities
Data is a big source of economic value to businesses, government and individuals and the ability to analyse big data is expected to be one of the most sought-after skills over the next few decades. So this Master's in Data Analytics can significantly improve your career prospects.
In addition, this course focuses on your application and use of the latest data analytics and mining tools while on a professional experience placement. This adds to the tools and techniques you'll develop during workshops in our SAP Next Gen Lab and on our supercomputer.
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work. You can get help, advice and support from our Careers and Employability service for up to 5 years after you leave the University as you advance in your career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The core modules are:
- Applied data and text analytics
- Big data applications
- Business intelligence
- Data management
- Master's engineering or study project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 207 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:1 honours degree in a relevant subject, including Computer Sciences, Business or Social Sciences, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.