Why study this course with us?
As well as increasing your theoretical and empirical knowledge within the area, our course comprises core modules that are designed to provide opportunities to enhance your abilities in a range of transferable skills, and also to develop the basic competencies that will aid your personal development should you wish to pursue accreditation in the future, for example with BASES, UKSCA or ISPAS.
The MSc Sports Performance Analysis course at University of Chester is taught by an experienced team of tutors who have specialist research interests and publications within the subdiscipline pathways. All teaching has an applied focus, with full use made of the BASES-accredited sports science laboratories.
The above critical elements of teaching excellence and research, combined with the applied practical experience of many of the staff who have worked with national and international athletes and teams, means that during all lectures you will not only be challenged intellectually but will also gain experience and knowledge of how research informs and is informed by practice.
The requirement for an experiential learning placement within the course means that our course provides invaluable practical experience that provides you with the opportunity to apply your knowledge within an applied sporting environment, as well as developing key interpersonal skills while working alongside applied practitioners.
This course is suitable for: (i) students who wish to embark upon a career in the sports sciences domain and who are seeking postgraduate study with the opportunity of supervised experience; (ii) practitioners already working in the field (coaches, trainers, analysts and physiotherapists); (iii) those looking to extend their knowledge before moving into the research and academic sectors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in Sports Sciences
- The Applied Sports Scientist - Core Competencies
- Research Dissertation in Sports Science
- Experiential Learning in Applied Sporting Performance
- Research Project in Sports Science
- Contemporary Issues in Performance Analysis of Sport
- Performance Analysis - Assessment and Evaluation of Sports Performance
- Measurement Issues in Applied Performance
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 155 other Masters in Sports Management in United Kingdom
- Applications are expected from sport and exercise sciences, physiology, coaching, biomechanics or similar graduates with a first degree (minimum of 2:1 honours or equivalent). Original certificates and a transcript of marks should be presented with the application.
- Students from countries outside the UK are expected to have entry qualifications roughly equivalent to UK A Level for undergraduate study and British Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) for postgraduate study.
- We accept a wide range of qualifications and consider all applications individually on merit. We may also take into account appropriate work experience.
International12450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12450 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA5940 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5940 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Chester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The University of Chester offers generous international and merit-based scholarships for both undergraduate and postgraduate study, providing a significant reduction to the published headline tuition fees. You will automatically be considered for these scholarships when submitting an application and any award given will be shown on your offer letter.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.