As one of the earliest training colleges in the country, the University of Chester has a proud and established education history of over 175 years.
During the Secondary Mathematics (including School Direct) with QTS course at University of Chester, you will learn how to encourage young people’s mathematical skills through your subject specialism.
Maths trainees enjoy a variety of educational experiences, the Subject Enrichment Week allows students to work with Primary and Secondary pupils to undertake ‘Mathamagic'; an engaging activity that will look at physical, practical, and collaborative mathematics activities and competitions.
Applicants may apply for the Mathematics Enhancement Course to study prior to the PGCE in order to gain a deeper understanding of mathematics.
The course is designed to ensure you are confident in all basic national curriculum requirements.
- The Nature and Purpose of Learning and Teaching
- Understanding the Curriculum and its Development
- The Nature and Purpose of Assessment
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics Applied Mathematics View 104 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Chester and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Applicants will normally:
- hold or be expected to gain a minimum 2:1 degree
- have GCSE grade C/grade 4 or above in English Language and Maths
- have to pass the NCTL skills tests in literacy and numeracy
- Students from countries outside the UK are expected to have entry qualifications roughly equivalent to UK A Level for undergraduate study and British Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) for postgraduate study.
- We accept a wide range of qualifications and consider all applications individually on merit. We may also take into account appropriate work experience.
International13448 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13448 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Chester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.