Whether you are a graduate aiming to make a difference in the world, or a professional wishing to deepen your knowledge and critical thinking, our master's courses in International Development , could be for you.
Engaged with current debates in policy and practice and grounded in interdisciplinary social sciences, you will develop the tools and confidence to work towards creative solutions that address practical problems in strategic ways.
Four distinct pathways provide a choice of flexibility and breadth, or the chance to pursue a particular interest in greater depth.
You will use innovative learning approaches to investigate particular cases and issues. These will draw out connections and contradictions between different actors and analytical perspectives, across global, regional, national and local scales.
The opportunity of a placement, leading to a work-based project, will provide hands-on experience to complement classroom-based learning.
You will leave the International Development course with:
- a critical understanding of the concepts and approaches used in international development and humanitarian action, and their strengths and limitations
- practical skills in research, analysis and communication and an understanding of how these can be applied in work for social, economic and environmental justice in both global North and global South
- the ability to analyse the complex interaction of social, economic, political and environmental factors in shaping problems and proposed solutions
- rich experience of working with people from a wide range of disciplinary, professional and national backgrounds
This course at University of Bath provides an excellent background for those wishing to pursue an international development career and improve people’s lives.You will be qualified to work in a wide variety of roles, including social research, public policy, public information and campaigning.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History and theory of international development
- Doing research for international development
- Management of international development
- Either Dissertation or Practicum
- Management of international development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development International Business View 550 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You should have a bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent, typically a 2:1 or above.
- To apply for this course you should have an undergraduate degree in an appropriate subject such as politics, economics, anthropology, international relations, sociology, government studies, African, Latin American or South East Asian Studies or environmental studies.
- We will also consider graduates with an undergraduate degree in other subjects, especially where you have relevant professional experience in international development.
- We may make an offer based on a lower grade if you can provide evidence of your suitability for the degree.
- If your first language is not English but within the last 2 years you completed your degree in the UK you may be exempt from our English Language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 GBP per year during 24 months.
National5350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5350 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.