Share and develop your interest in English through teaching, demonstrating the wide range of transferable skills the study of English can provide.
The Secondary English (including School Direct) with QTS course at University of Chester intends to produce secondary English teachers who are reflective practitioners, who have a love of the subject, and will be:
- enthusiastic and confident in the classroom
- pedagogically skilful and adaptable
- specialists in the teaching of English
- aware of how young people learn English
- knowledgeable across all areas of English – literature and language
- able to see their subject in the context of the whole curriculum, and understand how the skills of English can transfer across all subjects
- competent in a number of areas that cross secondary school curriculum boundaries, and able to see English in the wider context - contributing to pupils' personal, social, moral, spiritual and cultural development
- able to work effectively as part of a team
- able to critically examine issues raised within the study of the subject
- prepared for teaching English in the 21st Century
The course is designed to ensure you are confident in all basic national curriculum requirements.
- The Nature and Purpose of Learning and Teaching
- Understanding the Curriculum and its Development
- The Nature and Purpose of Assessment
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Languages Literature View 800 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Applicants will normally:
- hold or be expected to gain a minimum 2:1 degree
- have GCSE grade C/grade 4 or above in English Language and Maths
- have to pass the NCTL skills tests in literacy and numeracy
- Students from countries outside the UK are expected to have entry qualifications roughly equivalent to UK A Level for undergraduate study and British Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) for postgraduate study.
- We accept a wide range of qualifications and consider all applications individually on merit. We may also take into account appropriate work experience.
International13450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13450 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Chester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.