Humanitarianism, Conflict and Development degree offered at University of Bath will help you examine in-depth the complexities involved in resolving conflict and promoting peace. Additionally, you will also explore sustainable policy solutions that address the needs of those displaced by conflict and natural disaster.
Drawing on case studies from the Middle East and North Africa, sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia, you will learn how the practical and policy-related challenges of responding to conflict and humanitarian crisis play out in specific contexts.You will leave this course with:
- in-depth knowledge of humanitarian conflict response, and development policy and practice
- the professional and analytical skills to tackle political, ethical and practical tensions on the ground
- the skills and knowledge to evaluate diverse perspectives and tools for conflict response and humanitarian action across different settings
This course provides an excellent background for those wishing to pursue a career in humanitarian, conflict response, or peacebuilding. It is equally relevant to those already working in the humanitarian and conflict fields, seeking to advance their careers with a deeper level of specialist knowledge.You will be well qualified to work with development or humanitarian NGOs, the United Nations and other inter-governmental organisations, or in conflict or humanitarian advisor roles in government departments such as DFID.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Approaches to human rights in context
- Negotiating the field: response to conflict, humanitarianism and development in practice
- Humanitarianism conflict and development dissertation
- Conflict, development and peacebuilding
- Humanitarianism in principle and practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work International Development View 31 other Masters in International Development in United Kingdom
- You should have a bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent, typically a 2:1 or above.
- To apply for this course you should have an undergraduate degree in an appropriate subject such as development studies, human or political geography, sociology, area studies, politics, political economy, economics or international relations.
- We will also consider graduates with an undergraduate degree in other subjects where you have relevant professional experience.
International5835 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5835 GBP per year during 24 months.
National5835 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5835 GBP per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.