Teaching is an extremely rewarding and challenging career. The Secondary Biology (including School Direct) with QTS course at the University of Chester is designed to provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills that you need to be an outstanding teacher.
We aim to nurture teachers who are passionate about the development of their own and their pupils' learning.
Why study this course with us?
The course allows you to teach Secondary Science with a focus on your specialism. You will develop your subject knowledge, practical skills and pedagogy in all aspects of science at KS3, whilst also developing your expertise in your preferred discipline of Biology at KS4 and KS5 depending on your degree and experience.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Learning to teach: Developing Critical Perspectives on the Teaching of the Specialist SubjectCompulsory
- Subject Curriculum, Pedagogy and Professional Enquiry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
The deadline for PGCE applications is set by the Graduate Teacher Training Register (GTTR).
DisciplinesEducation Biology Teaching View 892 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- Students from countries outside the UK are expected to have entry qualifications roughly equivalent to UK A Level for undergraduate study and British Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) for postgraduate study. To help you to interpret these equivalents, please click on your country of residence to see the corresponding entry qualifications, along with information about your local representatives, events, information and contacts.
- We accept a wide range of qualifications and consider all applications individually on merit. We may also take into account appropriate work experience.
International12950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12950 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Chester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.