The MA Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) at University of Bath is a specialist master's course suitable for anyone working - or aspiring to work - in the field of teaching English as an international language.
You will gain exposure to the latest developments in TESOL research, policy and practice, and work with expert tutors who have taught English around the world and are research active.
Throughout the course, we will challenge your thinking and assumptions about how English is used, taught and learned worldwide. You will analyse its role as the world’s major international language and explore current issues and debates.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- develop appropriate teaching methods and materials to enhance how English is taught in your own country
- use the latest research to reflect on, and inform, your daily practice and decision-making
- enhance your employability in a range of fields, including English language teaching, bilingual education, language teacher education, intercultural communication and business communication
- build an international profile and contribute academically and professionally to this rapidly evolving field
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research methods for second language education
- Second language acquisition
- Language awareness
- Language policy, curriculum and methodology
- Teaching and assessing English as an international language
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesTeaching Linguistics Teaching English View 117 other Masters in Teaching English in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You should have a bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent, typically a 2:1 or above.
- To apply for this course you may have an undergraduate degree in any subject.
- We may make an offer based on a lower grade if you can provide evidence of your suitability for the degree.
- If your first language is not English but within the last 2 years you completed your degree in the UK you may be exempt from our English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.