Economics and Finance degree offered at University of Bath will give you the chance to work with one of our experienced lecturers on a topic of your interest and apply your knowledge to a specific problem.Students have explored topics as wide-ranging as the potential impact of Brexit on the UK financial services sector to the effects of microfinance on poverty reduction in rural China. We offer a series of dissertation workshops in semester two to help you develop your research skills.By the end of this course you will be able to:
- analyse economic and financial data and critically evaluate existing research
- understand the key issues surrounding major economic and financial debates and contribute to these
- apply economic concepts to specific economic and finance questions
Graduate prospectsThis course is designed to give you the in-depth knowledge and skills needed to secure work in a financial institution, consultancy, ministry of finance or economics, or central bank. It is also suited to those considering PhD study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Econometrics for economics and finance
- Financial economics
- Plus one optional unit
- Financial econometrics
- Corporate finance
- Plus three optional units
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEconomics Finance View 853 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
- You should have a bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent, typically a 2:1 or above.
- To apply for this course you should have an undergraduate degree in economics or an appropriate quantitative subject such as engineering, computer science, mathematics or physics.
- You should have studied microeconomics (or economic theory, game theory, industrial organisation) and econometrics (or statistics, regression analysis or statistical inference).
International21500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.