Our Environmental Engineering course at University of Bath is for engineers and scientists who want to make a positive impact on the environment, society and the future of our planet. Climate change, GHG emissions and loss of biodiversity are important global issues and the world needs leaders and innovators to design and manage sustainable processes and systems to address these.
If you have that desire to learn how to solve the important environmental challenges we face, then our course can help you towards that goal. We’ll develop your skills, knowledge and understanding to take on these issues against a backdrop of economic factors, environmental compliance and national and international legislation.
Use specialise facilities
Our laboratory facilities range from bench to pilot scale and are equipped to enhance your education and help you become an environmental or chemical engineer. They include:
- high-specification biochemical engineering labs
- life-cycle-assessment software and modelling databases
Start your future here
Our course has a multidisciplinary focus to help prepare you to work as an environmental engineer in the public and private sectors. You could work in consultancy firms, environmental management and manufacturing, or sustainable product distribution. Or you could play a critical role in stakeholder policy negotiations between economists, lawyers, engineers and environmentalists.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Environmental science and engineering
- The bioeconomy
- Water management
- Environmental engineering design
- Professional and research development
- Environmental economics, politics and management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 748 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Bath and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
You should have a Bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent, typically a high 2:2 or above.
- To apply for this course, you should have an undergraduate degree in chemical engineering, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, biochemical engineering, environmental engineering, environmental sciences or natural sciences (e.g. physics, chemistry or biochemistry). We will also consider other relevant engineering and science disciplines.
- If your first language is not English but within the last 2 years you completed your degree in the UK you may be exempt from our English language requirements.
- We may make an offer based on a lower grade if you can provide evidence of your suitability for the degree.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.