The Biological Sciences course at University of Chester allows you to carry out an extensive Master’s-level research project alongside two taught modules. You will have the opportunity to develop research and project management skills as well as building your knowledge and experience in your chosen subject area.
The Department has expertise across the field of Biological Sciences. This includes a whole organism focus with research in Conservation Ecology, Animal Behaviour and Animal Welfare. We also offer a range of laboratory-focused research, including projects involving Conservation Genetics, Bioveterinary Science and Molecular Biology. Our projects often involve external partners and allow students to develop wider links in their chosen sector as well as bringing additional expertise to the project teams.
You will work closely with your supervisory team in order to have the chance to acquire the specialist skills necessary to pursue your chosen career path. Our Department’s proactive, diverse and inclusive research community provides extensive opportunities for peer learning and research collaboration.
- Conservation Genetics
- Wildlife Crime
- Behaviour and Welfare in Wildlife Conservation
- Managing Wildlife Populations and Landscapes
- Biodiversity Informatics
- Field Research Techniques for Wildlife Conservation
- MRes Research Dissertation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBiology Natural Sciences Genetics View 201 other Masters in Genetics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants should normally possess an upper second class honours degree in any relevant discipline with additional emphasis placed upon the student's preparedness for study and performance at interview which will inform the selection process. A lower second class degree may be mitigated by substantial relevant work experience.
- Students from countries outside the UK are expected to have entry qualifications roughly equivalent to UK A Level for undergraduate study and British Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) for postgraduate study.
- We accept a wide range of qualifications and consider all applications individually on merit. We may also take into account appropriate work experience.
International13450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13450 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13031 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13031 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Chester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.