- The Tunnel Engineering degree at The University of Exeter is taught by the internationally established Camborne School of Mines (CSM), a combined mining school and geoscience department
- Benefit from CSM’s excellent alumni network so you can prosper in your chosen field anywhere in the world
- Delivered through a mix of lectures, workshops, tutorials, practical activities, case studies, industry visits, computer simulations, project work and a dissertation.
A degree from the Camborne School of Mines will give you the practical and vocational skills to pursue a career in fields related to your degree, such as the extraction or construction industry. It will also give you a range of broader skills in teamwork, problem solving and communication.
The Career Zone (CAS) at our Cornwall Campus provides high-quality careers information and guidance to students of all disciplines. Our experienced careers team can give you individual support whilst you are at the university and after you have graduated.
Services include talks, confidential careers interviews and an extensive careers library of reference books, magazines and journals. A new computer suite is also available for accessing online careers information, vacancy services and specialist software on, for example, sources of funding for courses and worldwide volunteering.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The programme is delivered through a mix of lectures, workshops, tutorials, practical activities, case studies, industry visits, computer simulations, project work and a dissertation.
- The taught part of the programme is structured into two semesters.
- Field visits and practical field-based assignments are used, where appropriate, to emphasise key areas within each module.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We close to applications wishing to join us for study in 2022/2023 on Friday 16 September. We advise international applicants to submit a complete application by mid-July.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Geology View 109 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of Exeter and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A good honours degree from a recognised university (typically a 2:2 or higher) in a science, earth or environmental science, engineering or maths based subject
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10950 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £5,750 part-time (where available)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.