You will gain a strong understanding of the properties and behaviours of different substances, from raw materials to finished products, identifying their strengths and limitations, enabling you to find solutions to complex contemporary problems.
Our particular research strengths are drawn into the masters programme, in areas including functional materials (those with extra functionality such as electro-magnetic screening, self-sensing and active materials, and materials with negative thermal expansion and Poisson’s ratios), polymers, composites and bio-materials.
Why this course?
- This MSc Materials Engineering programme at The University of Exeter focuses on the theory and computational simulation of material structures for application into automotive, aerospace, technology and energy sectors.
- Strongly aligned to our research expertise, and the latest developments in materials science
- A choice of pathways available so you can focus on your technical engineering skills through this programme, or combine these with management skills through the MSc Materials Engineering with Management programme
There is considerable demand in the workplace for graduates with knowledge in both a specialist technology area and in management, particularly in the modern tools and techniques to support the management of a dynamically changing engineering business.
Recent graduates have taken employment in a variety of sectors, including both large companies and small and medium sized enterprises.The University of Exeter has an established reputation of training tomorrow's great minds to a high standard, so when it comes to life after graduation you can be confident that you are starting your next professional adventure in a prime, leading position. All programmes are designed so you not only get a second to none education in your area of choice, but you also are equipped with the correct vocational skills to achieve success in the working world or in further study.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Computer Aided Engineering Design
- Mechanics of Materials
- Advanced Materials Engineering
- Contemporary Advanced Materials Research
- Engineering Materials and the Environment
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering View 97 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United Kingdom
A good degree (normally a 2:2) in a relevant science or engineering discipline.
International22950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.