- Explore mathematical and computational techniques for Data Science, building on your existing scientific and/or mathematical knowledge
- At the Data Science programme from The University of Exeter you will study network analysis, text analysis and machine vision as well as social contexts, governance and ethical considerations
- Build upon your existing coding skills and handle complex data sets, learning multiple methods of analysis and efficient approaches to visualisation and presentation
- Undertake a project where you’ll develop skills and pursue ideas in a specific area of interest, with the support of your academic supervisor.
Data Science is changing the way people do business. Mountains of previously uncollectable data, generated by huge growth in online activity and appliance connectivity, is becoming available to businesses in every sector. The opportunities for businesses and individuals who can manage, manipulate and extract insights from these enormous data sets are limitless. A direct result of this is the dramatic increase in demand for individuals with the skills to turn this information into insight is outstripping supply.
Whether you’re looking to take your career in a new direction or for an MSc that will sit alongside your undergraduate degree to land you an exhilarating graduate job, you’re unlikely to find a better choice than Data Science.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Data Science
- Machine Learning
- Learning from Data
- Data Science Research Project
- Digital Business Models
- Statistical Data Modelling
- Nature-Inspired Computation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 348 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United Kingdom
- Candidates are required to have at least a 2:1 degree in a strongly numerate subject (e.g. computer science, mathematics, physics) and must be able to show evidence of good programming ability in a recognised modern computer language. Candidates may be interviewed by video conference to assess their programming ability and suitability for the course.
- The Python programming language is used extensively during this course and applicants with experience in other languages will be asked to learn basic Python before commencing the course.
- We may consider applications with non-standard qualifications where there is evidence of exceptional performance in modules relevant to the programme of study, significant relevant work experience, or relevant professional qualifications.
International24500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK fees per year:
- £5,750 part-time
- £12,250 part-time
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.