It provides an opportunity for candidates from different engineering backgrounds to develop key mechanical engineering knowledge and skills required for their professional development. A key objective of the programme is to be an accredited route to becoming a chartered engineer.
This Advanced Mechanical Engineering programme from Heriot-Watt University Dubai makes use of master's-level courses in Engineering Sciences and Manufacture and Design complemented with relevant specialist MSc courses offered by the Institute.
The industry partners have a growing need for an advanced mechanical engineering programme. This degree has been specifically developed to meet this need and to encourage students into further learning.
The Dubai Campus is accredited by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) and fully licensed to teach its degrees in Dubai. All graduates receive a British degree that is accredited by Royal Charter in the UK.
- Professional and Industrial Studies
- Specialist Engineering Technologies
- Engineering Design
- Advanced Mechanics of Materials
- Renewable Energy Technologies
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 47 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Arab Emirates
- For MSc entry, a good relevant Honours degree (first or second class) or equivalent overseas qualifications will be considered. Given the clear practical element of the programmes, we will also consider non-graduate candidates holding less than a good Honours degree, or its equivalent, but with compensating qualifications or experience may be admitted to the Postgraduate Diploma programme. Transfer to the MSc will be possible later on if exams and course work are at MSc level.
International20354 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20354 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
National20354 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20354 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.