You learn how to demonstrate critical skills in evaluating competing approaches and will become skilled at proposing solutions. This will open up a broad range of careers, including in financial institutions, management consultancies or government bodies. The Accounting and Finance course at University of Sussex also prepares you for PhD-level study by giving you the skills you need to continue your education to the next level.
You can also choose options to broaden your horizons and tailor the course to your interests, including ethics, entrepreneurial finance, accounting in emerging economies, money and banking.
We’re proud of our strong industry links, expert academic staff who consult for leaders in business and government, and state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities. We produce leading research that impacts policy and practice.
This MSc is informed by current practice and research. This includes the latest issues and developments in accounting and finance, particularly in the arena of ethics and professional responsibility.
Our faculty are at the forefront of this rapidly changing sector. Their teaching includes the most up-to-date theoretical and practical knowledge in key areas of:
Exploring complex issues helps you develop your critical thinking as well as decision-making techniques.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Corporate Finance
- Institutions in the Global Financial Market
- Issues in Financial Reporting
- Management Accounting & Control
- Accounting Theory
- Research Methods for Accounting and Finance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesFinance Accounting View 274 other Masters in Accounting in United Kingdom
- You should have a lower second-class (2.2) undergraduate honours degree or above (including an average mark of at least 57%).
- Your qualification should be in a subject which has a basic coverage of accounting and finance. Candidates with degrees in economics, business or management will also be considered on a case by case basis. You may also be considered for the course if you have other professional qualifications or experience of equivalent standing.
International22500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12750 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Brighton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.