It is a two-year international European History in the Capitals of Europe (MEH) programme at Tor Vergata University of Rome with a focus on European history in comparative and global perspective, offered by a consortium of 10 universities in 9 European capitals. This is the first MA programme in history to bring together a truly multinational, Europe-wide collaboration of high-profile partner universities
Graduates of the MEH will be awarded an M.A. title with a double degree issued by the home university and the host full member partner university/universities attended by the student.
MEH is a unique, international programme aptly suited for students interested in pursuing careers in international organisations and foundations. The degree cultivates research, writing, and analytical skills that can be applied to a broad range of careers, e.g. in education, journalism, administration, diplomacy and the cultural sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The programme focuses on historical processes and comparative analysis of European history. It will help students to develop their ability to understand historical problems in a comparative framework by using primary sources and foreign languages
- English is the language of instruction and will be accepted at all partner universities, but they offer also lessons and seminars in other languages (e.g. language of the host university)
- The MEH offers the opportunity to experience Europe from the perspective of multiple countries, their cultures and languages
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEuropean Law History Modern History View 7 other Masters in History in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Tor Vergata University of Rome and/or in Italy, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- An undergraduate degree from a European accredited university, or its international equivalent, in a relevant subject area of Humanities and Social Sciences (History, International Relations, Politics, European Studies, Economics and Sociology, Modern languages)
- Students are expected to be near-fluent in English (level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, CEFR), with an official certificate, and to have a good knowledge of a second modern foreign language. Level C1 is required in order to attend partner universities but can be achieved during your first year at Tor Vergata.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1156 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1156 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Tuition fees for Italian and EU students depend on the student's family income.
Living costs for Roma
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.