As data-driven decision-making is becoming essential for organisations of all sizes, a question that arises is whether managers of the future should pursue a Data Science or a Business Administration postgraduate degree. This Business Administration and Information Technology MBA/MIT course offered at Murdoch University uniquely lets you combine both.
As an IT professional, you need both business acumen and highly-specialised discipline skills to take your career into the future. This combined qualification will give you the skills you need to address a gap in the market and boost your IT career opportunities. You’ll develop specialist skills in business and data analytics so you can work with big data and combine data science with business management. The industry is always changing – so we collaborate with industry, advisory boards and integrate feedback from students to make sure the course content keeps up with the needs of today’s workplace.
You’ll gain valuable knowledge and business insights, and also develop greater self-awareness as you learn to reflect on your leader identity and leadership attributes. You’ll work closely with our academic team, and choose electives from business management and economics to create a specialist qualification to suit your goals and career aspirations.
A postgraduate qualification can help you further your current career and move into a more senior role or help you change career paths to pursue new opportunities. Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT) reports that postgraduates earn on average $20,000 more than those with an undergraduate degree.
Depending on your own situation and career aspirations, there are many careers and positions that this course can lead to. Careers could include:
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Strategy Director
- Business Operations Manager
- Artificial Intelligence or Data Scientist
- Business Intelligence and Research Manager
- Organisational Behaviour and Management
- Accounting for Managers
- Business Finance
- International Business Negotiations
- Leading the Engaged Enterprise
- Strategies for Growth and Excellence
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Information Systems Artificial Intelligence View 328 other Masters in Business Administration in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Code: 099394C
- Recognised Bachelor's degree in IT (AQF Level 7) AND evidence of two years of professional work experience;
- OR recognised non-IT Bachelor's degree plus an approved Diploma in IT (AQF Level 8);
- OR recognised non-IT Honours degree (AQF Level 8) plus five or more years of relevant experience. Recognition of relevant and current informal or non-formal learning may be used for entry requirements and should be discussed with the Academic Chair.
International33459 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33459 AUD per year during 24 months.
- If you are a national student, you may be eligible for a Commonwealth supported place.
Living costs for Perth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.