Depending on your previous research training, this flexible course provides you with the option of concentrating on a thesis alone, or undertaking a combination of postgraduate coursework along with a thesis.
If you embark upon a blended path, you will cover a critical overview of research perspectives and practices, with particular reference to education and learning, reading and critiquing research reports, communicating the results of research, and conducting practical and ethical research.
You will also be introduced to a variety of research practices, such as survey research, case study, discourse analysis and ethnography. Whichever route you choose, you will graduate ready for future success in either a senior professional role in an education-focused field or in educational research.
As a Higher Degree by Research (HDR), this course is covered under the Australian Government's Research Training Program (RTP) funding model, which provides a fee offset for domestic students for the standard duration of the course.
Study a Master of Education (Research) from University of Canberra and you will:
- embark on a Research Education Program for superior knowledge of research principles and methods
- acquire outstanding cognitive, technical and creative abilities to engage in independent research
- critically investigate a personal area of interest in education
- demonstrate your communication skills by presenting a strong and sustained argument through reporting.
- Deputy principal
- Executive teacher
- Education policy adviser
- Senior curriculum developer
- Research officer
- Sessional academic
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Education Research Perspectives
- Master of Education Thesis Type
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 37 other Masters in Pedagogy in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A four year undergraduate degree in Education or a three year degree and a one year graduate diploma in a related area, or academic qualifications deemed equivalent with above average performance, and demonstrated capacity and/or aptitude for research.
- Two years of relevant work experience would be an advantage. Students without research training units in their previous studies will be advised to undertake the combined coursework/research training option in the course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29500 AUD per year during 24 months.
National23600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23600 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.