UC recognises how important it is that you are able to continue with your studies while your travel plans are temporarily put on hold due to COVID-19. For this reason, we have developed a carefully selected range of online units for our most popular degree courses, enabling you to commence your study online before transitioning to face-to-face study once travel restrictions are lifted.
Please refer to our website for detailed info regarding availability/conditions etc
You will undertake advanced study and reflection on practice in the fields of public sector management, politics and public policy, drawing on your previous professional experience in government, while expanding your skills and expertise.
In your dissertation, you can choose to investigate either a purely theoretical subject matter, or one based on current and real issues in the area of government. Completion of this highly professional course will see you make an original contribution to knowledge and research in this important field, ready to progress to the next stage of your career.
As a Higher Degree by Research (HDR), this course is covered under the Australian Government's Research Training Program (RTP) funding model, which provides a fee offset for domestic students for the standard duration of the course.
Study a Master of Arts in Government (Research) at University of Canberra and you will:
- undertake coursework that develops knowledge and skill in research methodology and research methods
- develop the research, writing and analysis skills which enable you to produce a dissertation which is an original and significant contribution to the relevant literature and/or professional practice
- prepare a substantial dissertation which adds to existing knowledge and forms an in-depth investigation and analysis of a particular professional issue
- initiate closer links between the University and senior professionals in fields associated with public administration and public policy.
- Sessional academic
- Research officer
- Research fellow
- Research services officer
- Public servant
- Policy officer
- Project officer
- Board member
- Senior analyst
- Program director
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methodology and Research Design
- Literature Review Seminar
- Masters Dissertation in Government
- Business Professional Project Proposal
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Qualitative Research Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesEconomics Liberal Arts Political Science View 24 other Masters in Liberal Arts in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Before a candidate is admitted to the Master of Arts in Government program the Faculty must be satisfied that it is able to supervise the candidate's proposed dissertation and that the candidate satisfies the following admission requirements:
- holds a bachelor degree in a relevant field which is of sufficient quality to gain entry into an honours program, or has completed a bachelor's degree with honours;
- demonstrates capacity and/or aptitude for research;and
- provides evidence of superior professional performance both intellectually and technically.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International27800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27800 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National22300 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22300 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.