UC recognises how important it is that you are able to continue with your studies while your travel plans are temporarily put on hold due to COVID-19. For this reason, we have developed a carefully selected range of online units for our most popular degree courses, enabling you to commence your study online before transitioning to face-to-face study once travel restrictions are lifted.
Please refer to our website for detailed info regarding availability/conditions etc
Delivered entirely online courtesy of a collaborative forensic education partnership developed between the University of Canberra , the University of Florida, the University of Edinburgh, the University of Lausanne and Western Sydney University, this one-year (full-time) course will allow you to study forensics across a toxicology, chemistry, medicine, biology, statistics, security, digital imaging and/or environmental forensic science context.
There is no requirement for on-campus attendance across the course, and the flexibility available in terms of unit choice, workload, and full-time or part-time delivery makes it ideal if you are already in full-time employment.
Upon successful completion of your studies, you will graduate with a degree from the University of Canberra and will be well-placed to either launch a new career in forensics, accelerate your potential for promotion in your existing place of employment, or progress to the Master in Forensic Studies in Forensic Science by enrolling in additional units.
Study a Postgraduate Diploma in Forensic Studies in Forensic Science (online) from University of Canberra and you will:
- understand the key investigative and analytical concepts that are applied to specific areas of forensic science
- independently understand how to collect, process and analyse evidence as it relates to areas of specialisation
- develop the skills to respond flexibly in the broad range of situations that confront forensic investigators
- learn to work within the legal and regulatory requirements for forensic professionals and as an expert witness
- accelerate your opportunity for promotion within the industry.
- Forensic laboratory technician
- Forensic officer
- Forensic toxicologist
- Laboratory scientist
- Forensic analyst
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Criminalistics
- Introduction to Digital Forensics
- Environmental Forensics
- Forensic Security: Biological Agents
- Forensic Security: Explosives
- Forensic Research
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesCriminal Law Forensic Science Criminology View 18 other Masters in Forensic Science in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must meet the normal requirements for admission to a graduate diploma course or hold qualifications deemed by the University to be equivalent.
- Applicants should hold an undergraduate science degree, and it is highly recommended that they have satisfactorily completed a chemistry and/or biochemistry subject at the equivalent of a second year bachelor degree level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20000 AUD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National17100 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17100 AUD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.