In this course, you will study a diverse range of subjects that will give you a deeper understanding of human nutrition while offering a clearer understanding of what health-related study options are available to you moving forward. This course is perfect for students from a broader health science background looking to specialise in nutrition science, or those looking at entering the Master of Nutrition and Dietetics program and need additional pre-requisites to gain access.
This course also offers an alternative exit pathway for students who commence the Master of Nutrition and Dietetics but due to lifestyle or career changes, choose not to complete the degree. Get a taste for nutrition science. Register for the UC Graduate Certificate in Human Nutrition course today.
Study a Graduate Diploma in Nutritional Science from University of Canberra and you will:
- develop knowledge, skills, and attitude to examine health within the framework of nutrition
- understand the application of food in a social, pathophysiological and biochemical health context
- cultivate critical thinking skills, problem-solving skills and apply evidence-based approaches to address a nutrition-related health issue
- demonstrate expert communication skills to transfer complex nutrition knowledge to a variety of audience
- develop autonomy and self-direction in progressing your learning and professional development
- gain the necessary scientific background and specific knowledge and skills to address concepts and opinions relating to human nutrition
- identify the links between diet, health, and disease at different life stages
- discuss ways to improve the delivery of nutritional information.
A graduate diploma in nutritional science is a foundation course that opens a variety of future career and study options for students. Successful completion of this course will allow students to either progress to further study or move into any one of the following career pathways:
- health promotion officers
- project Officer or Research Officers
- nutrition consultant
Students who have completed this program may be eligible to apply for the 'Registered Nutritionist' credential with the Nutrition Society of Australia following a period of work experience (as required by NUTSOC).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Biochemistry
- Food Science
- Nutrition Across the Lifecycle
- Nutrition and Disease
- Nutritional Science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences Biochemistry View 369 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Canberra and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- a completed bachelor degree in science, or a related discipline,
- two degree level units in chemistry,
- two degree level units in human biology and human physiology.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31500 AUD for the full programme during 12 months.
National22800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22800 AUD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.