Based in Canberra, with access to the city’s major cultural institutions and vibrant creative community, your experiential learning will be enriched and enlivened thanks to these close links and through research-led teaching from the Faculty’s internationally recognised Centre for Creative and Cultural Research.
Rather than focusing solely on current workplace needs, this diploma will expand your thinking around critical issues, such as access, audiences, impact, innovation and leadership, meaning you’ll be well-placed to take up positions of influence across a range of fields, including digital media arts, film production, community arts, creative writing, global studies, cultural policy and planning, heritage and conservation, and the galleries, libraries, archives, museums and records (GLAMR) sector. Progression from this course to the Master of Arts in Creative and Cultural Futures is available by enrolling in additional units.
Study a Graduate Diploma in Heritage Materials Conservation at University of Canberra and you will:
- reflect critically on contemporary issues for the cultural and creative sectors
- apply professional knowledge and skills, and key techniques and approaches, relevant to a specific area of creative and cultural practice
- work independently and collaboratively to develop creative solutions to real-world problems and develop entrepreneurial approaches to implement these solutions
- evaluate and apply strategies for cultural leadership and communication across a range of professional and community contexts.
- Arts administrator
- Gallery/Museum director
- Digital collections strategist
- Arts/cultural policy analyst
- Experience manager
- Cultural content developer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Impact and Enterprise
- Creative Thinking
- Digital Pasts, Digital Futures
- The Activation Lab
- Contemporary Issues for the Creative and Cultural Sector
- Leadership, Ethics and Innovation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Entrepreneurship Creative Writing View 57 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students must have a bachelor degree in any field as approved by the University.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33500 AUD for the full programme during 12 months.
National24000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24000 AUD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.