Through practical field-based workshops and behind-the-scenes tours of heritage sites and collections, you will learn to investigate the condition and significance of heritage items, develop conservation and management plans for them, and carry out laboratory and on-site treatment techniques to preserve and restore them.
All units contain Indigenous cultural content as a key underpinning to theory, practice, history and contemporary social, economic and cultural issues in the cultural heritage sector.
The flexibility to develop your personal vision, interests and focus as a professional is intrinsic to the course, and progression to the Graduate Diploma in Creative and Cultural Futures and Master of Arts in Creative and Cultural Futures is available by enrolling in additional units.
Study a Graduate Certificate in Heritage Materials Conservation at University of Canberra and you will:
- apply values-based methodologies to identify the stakeholders and values that must be taken into account in conservation planning
- use observation and analysis to accurately identify heritage materials, their condition, and their responses to environmental conditions
- integrate physical data and cultural understandings to develop sustainable conservation treatment and management plans for heritage
- determine and apply appropriate preservation, conservation and restoration techniques to conserve and enhance heritage materials.
- head of heritage
- heritage consultant
- gallery manager
- indigenous heritage officer
- collections manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Heritage Materials and Their Environments
- The Cultural Significance of Patina
- Heritage Materials - Structure and Integrity
- Heritage Materials - Aesthetics and Stability
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Biodiversity & Conservation Environmental Sciences View 82 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students must have a bachelor degree in any field as approved by the University.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33500 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33500 AUD for the full programme during 6 months.
National24000 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24000 AUD for the full programme during 6 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.