Currently, there is no other MMM program available in Kazakhstan making this Nazarbayev University School of Medicine (NUSOM) initiative unique.
Career and Educational Opportunities After Graduation
Students who complete this Molecular Medicine program at Nazarbayev University will be eligible to undertake a PhD either in Kazakhstan or abroad or work in industry, diagnostic services or pursue a career in academic medicine. The program will also be suitable for clinicians interested in a clinical academic career.
MMM Program Learning Outcomes
The MMM at NUSOM is a two year full-time program designed to give students knowledge and skills at the forefront of molecular medicine as well as a solid foundation for a career in biomedical research. Taught courses cover, but are not limited to, the molecular basis of infection, immunology & inflammation, cancer, neurological disorders, genetic disease, therapeutics, research bioethics, medical bioinformatics, biostatistics and entrepreneurship/industrial partnerships. ‘State of the art’ research facilities will enable students to engage in cutting edge research on important biomedical issues relevant to human health and disease.
The aims of the MMM program are:
- To transfer competence and knowledge in the rapidly advancing field of molecular medicine;
- To find innovative ways of preventing, treating and diagnosing diseases;
- To provide students with specialised research skills that enable them to translate laboratory discoveries into medical treatments;
- To attain marketable skills in biomedicine;
- To form a brand new generation of professionals capable of contributing to the technological innovation and growth of Kazakhstan.
- an undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) and/or graduate degree (if applicable) in a relevant discipline.
- Candidates may be enrolled conditionally based on evidence from graduating university that the candidates have completed the educational program and the candidate expects formal issuance of final transcript and/or diploma by certain date. In that case the decision on enrollment shall prescribe the period of time within which the candidate shall provide the necessary documents to the University;
- a minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.00 or equivalent on applicant’s degree (bachelor, master or PhD (if masters and PhD have adopted a GPA approach);
- the required level of English language proficiency;
- strong reading, analytical and mathematical skills as demonstrated by GRE or GMAT test (optional).
- 2 (two) confidential letters of recommendation;
Living costs for Nur-Sultan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.