As an offering of the School of Medicine, we provide additional highly-qualified faculty, and teaching and research resources not found in MPH programs outside of medical schools.
Program Learning Outcomes
The Public Health program at Nazarbayev University provides graduates with skillsets and competencies based on the latest international standards that are required for careers in health administration and management, health education and health promotion, epidemiological health and disease research, health behavioral research, biostatistics, health systems and facilities research, and health policy development. The competencies acquired from this program are sought by a broad variety of employers both in public and private sectors nationally and internationally.
Career and Educational Opportunities
There is a growing national and international demand for MPH graduates. The Kazakhstan 2050 Strategy identifies preventive medicine, environmental protection, population health and access-to-health as priorities- all requiring public health trained professionals. The Ministry of Health and Social Development and its affiliated institutes and centers, and the National Medical Holding hire MPH-trained professionals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- To provide graduates with competencies in public health sciences to produce health and biomedical research and program evaluations of the highest quality based on international standards.
- To provide graduates with competencies in management and health service assessment for the administration of health institutions and the development of health policies.
- To produce skilled public health professionals who draw on knowledge and methods from multiple disciplines to ethically define, critically assess, and resolve problems affecting the public’s health.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Nazarbayev University and/or in Kazakhstan, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- an undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) and/or graduate degree (if applicable) in a relevant discipline.
- Candidates may be enrolled conditionally based on evidence from graduating university that the candidates have completed the educational program and the candidate expects formal issuance of final transcript and/or diploma by certain date. In that case the decision on enrollment shall prescribe the period of time within which the candidate shall provide the necessary documents to the University;
- a minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.00 or equivalent on applicant’s degree (bachelor, master or PhD (if masters and PhD have adopted a GPA approach);
- the required level of English language proficiency;
- strong reading, analytical and mathematical skills as demonstrated by GRE or GMAT test (optional).
- 2 (two) confidential letters of recommendation;
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for Nur-Sultan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.