Chemistry is frequently referred as a “central science” for its key role in advancing technological progress through the design and synthesis of novel functional materials for energy, environmental, and biomedical applications.
By enrolling in the Chemistry program at Nazarbayev University you will benefit from a fast-developing research infrastructure and well-balanced study programs delivered by our highly qualified international academic staff. You will also be able to advance such essential skills as project management, team-working, problem-solving, preparing and delivering oral and poster presentations, as well as critical assessment of relevant scientific literature.
The two year MSc Program in Chemistry is designed to train students as professional chemists who will possess in-depth knowledge of advanced theory and practical knowledge in various areas of chemistry.
The students will gain deep and systematic knowledge of the fundamental principles in chemistry, and develop the ability to identify, analyze and develop solutions problems in the context of real-life of the XXI Century, while fostering entrepreneurship. The graduates are expected to acquire advanced chemical, physical, mathematical, computational (calculation and simulation), and laboratory experimental skills as relevant to the subjects of their Master projects.
They are further expected to become exposed to the international research environment and to acquire strong scientific communication skills. The program design takes advantage of the faculty expertise and the laboratory resources of the School of Sciences and Humanities, National Laboratory of Astana, School of mining and Geoscience, and School of Engineering and Digital Sciences.
Work after graduation
The graduates are expected to acquire advanced chemical, physical, mathematical, computational (calculation and simulation), and laboratory experimental skills as relevant to the subjects of their Master projects. They are further expected to become exposed to the international research environment and to acquire strong scientific communication skills.
In future you will have a chance to prosper your career in petroleum/oil industry, geology industry, pharmaceutical industry or work in government sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The curriculum of the program consists of three different types of courses: Type A. Core courses (24 ECTS), Type B. Elective courses (30 ECTS), and Type C.
- Teaching and Research courses (36 ECTS) and Thesis (30 ECTS) Compulsory courses of type A (core courses) are designed to give a solid and wide base of advanced knowledge in the different areas of Chemistry (Physical Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry). These courses are therefore planned for the first year.
- By mean of the selection of the optional courses of type B (elective courses) the Student will have the opportunity to define his/her personalized specialization of interest for research and working purposes. These courses are planned for the first year (second semester) and second year (first semester).
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry Biochemistry View 6 other Masters in Biochemistry in Kazakhstan
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) and a graduate/postgraduate degree (if applicable) in a relevant discipline with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of a 4.00.
- High level of English proficiency.
- High motivation and strong interest in the program as outlined in a statement of purpose;
- A curriculum vitae;
- Two letters of recommendation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for Nur-Sultan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.