MBST Program is designed for graduates from biological sciences, biochemistry, and cellular and molecular biology programs. The two-year MBST degree program offered at SSH is based on highest international standards and the unique research infrastructure of Nazarbayev University.
This Biological Sciences and Technologies program from Nazarbayev University serves the needs of students with a strong undergraduate biology background with an interest in fundamental research, biomedical sciences, and synthetic biology.
MBST provides distinctive training in quantitative biology and modern research methods. Students are taught advanced statistics and bioinformatics, molecular and structural biology of the normal and pathological cell, advanced microbiology, neurobiology, cellular biophysics, biophysical methods, synthetic biology, and beyond. They perform a research thesis supported by our leading research scientists.
Career and Educational Opportunities
After completing the MBST program, students will be eligible to enter a Ph.D. program either in Kazakhstan or abroad or become employed in the local or international industry.
- To give students a solid foundation in quantitative cellular and molecular biology to better understand how a new revolution happens in biological sciences in treating numerous diseases, including cancer and neurodegenerative diseases, and understanding the biological foundations of living systems;
- To provide students with comprehensive tools and mentored research on important issues in life sciences and experimental quantitative biology depending on their inclinations. This will entail working with leading Nazarbayev University faculties and will culminate in a Master’s thesis;
- To raise a new generation of professionals capable of contributing to Kazakhstan’s technological innovation and growth.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Biochemistry View 3 other Masters in Biology in Kazakhstan
- An undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) and a graduate/postgraduate degree (if applicable) in a relevant discipline with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of a 4.00.
- High level of English proficiency.
High motivation and strong interest in the program as outlined in a statement of purpose;
- A curriculum vitae;
- Two letters of recommendation.
Living costs for Nur-Sultan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.