This program focuses on the development of teaching, curriculum development, assessment, policy analysis, and research skills in the areas of educational language policy in general, and language teaching in particular. It is a full-time two-year program.
The programThe M.A. in Multilingual Education program at Nazarbayev University enables students to develop global, international, and critical skills to be utilized as human capital for ensuring the development of future generations to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing world. Leaders, policy makers, teacher trainers, and administrators develop in-depth understanding of the nature, implementation and evaluation of education in a globalized, multilingual, and international context.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research Methods
- Introduction to Linguistics
- Educational Context and Reform in Kazakhstan
- Foundations of Multilingual Education
- The Multilingual School
- Multilingual Curriculum Development and Assessment
- Perspectives on Inclusion and Special Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Languages
- An undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) and a graduate degree (if applicable) in a relevant discipline. During the application period final year students may submit official current transcript for consideration.
- Applicants recommended for admission must provide final transcripts and diplomas before the end of the Program’s enrollment term. Graduates of Nazarbayev University are enrolled based on the evidence of final transcript confirming the degree completion followed by diploma submission within a month.
- A minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.00 or equivalent on applicant’s degree (bachelor, master or PhD (if masters and PhD have adopted a GPA approach).
To learn more about the tuition fee applicable to this programme, please visit the university website
All international students are considered for the merit based international student scholarships offered at the university.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.