On successful completion of the Public Policy degree programme at Nazarbayev University , graduates will have the ability to:
- Lead and manage in public governance;
- Participate in and contribute to the policy process;
- Analyze, synthesize, think critically, solve problems and make decisions;
- Articulate and apply a public service perspective; and
- Communicate and interact productively with a diverse and changing workforce and citizenry.
Professional competency: In addition, the program will ensure that students learn to apply their education, such as through experiential exercises and interactions with practitioners across the broad range of public affairs, administration, and policy professions and sectors.
MPP students can choose to specialize in one of 3 tracks (economic policy, international political economy or public governance) to enhance their career prospects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Microeconomics and Public Policy
- Public Policy Research and Evaluation
- Politics and Public Policy
- Statistics for Public Policy
- Public Management and Leadership
- Policy Research Design and Methodology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Public Administration Public Policy View 4 other Masters in Public Policy in Kazakhstan
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Eligibility:Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Minimum 2 years of working experience. Fresh graduates and early career professionals are welcome to apply.
- English proficiency: IELTS – minimum overall score 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in sub categories, or its TOEFL equivalent (compare your TOEFL score here).
- English language certifications are valid for 2 years prior to application deadline. At the discretion of the Admissions Committee applicants can be exempted from submitting the language proficiency test report if:
- – one of their earlier academic degrees was earned in a country with English as the language of official communication, academic instruction and daily life;
- – an undergraduate degree was earned in a program which was officially taught in English;
- – the applicant is a graduate of Nazarbayev University.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
- To learn more about the tuition fee applicable to this programme, please visit the university website
Living costs for Nur-Sultan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
GSPP provides grants, covering tuition fees and a monthly stipend for students of 125,000 KZT in our Master’s programs.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.