This discipline commonly deals with medical therapies, monitoring devices, and diagnostic tools. The contributions of biomedical engineering to society have grown rapidly since WW II. In fact, the Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES) recently listed the most prominent modern-day technologies and applications that have come about as a result of biomedical engineering.
Program Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of the Biomedical Engineering degree at Nazarbayev University , graduates will be able to:
- Integrate life sciences and engineering for research, development and innovation with the aim to enhance human health.
- To evaluate ideas, models and hypotheses using appropriate experimental, mathematical and statistical approaches.
- Master multiple instrumental, computational and biological techniques for experimentation and modeling.
- Think critically with the ability to appropriately analyze data originating from experiments and simulations, and to draw justifiable conclusions
- Recognize ethical issues, consider multiple points of view, and use critical ethical reasoning to determine the appropriate behavior to follow in the practice of biomedical engineering.
- Communicate effectively individually as well as in the team environment
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods and Ethics
- Technical Communication
- Advanced Applied Mathematics
- Research Seminar
- Master Thesis
- Biomaterials Science & Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biotechnology General Engineering & Technology View 3 other Masters in Biotechnology in Kazakhstan
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent). During the application period, final year students may submit the official current transcript for consideration
- A minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.0 (or equivalent);
- Strong reading, analytical, and mathematical skills as demonstrated by GRE test (optional). Although an official GRE score is not an essential requirement, an applicant can enhance her/his application with a competitive GRE score.
- Only for Master of Engineering Management program - compulsory Strong mathematical skills as demonstrated by a test administered by the School on a set date. Applicants who provide valid GRE or GMAT test certificate may request
- exemption from mathematical skills test
- High motivation and a strong interest in the program as outlined in a statement of purpose
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International27000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27000 USD per year during 24 months.
National27000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27000 USD per year during 24 months.
KZT 11 502 000
Living costs for Nur-Sultan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.