As its predecessor, this is a specialized degree program offered by School of Engineering and Digital Sciences (SEDS) at Nazarbayev University (NU). Students are required to complete 120 ECTS credits, in 4 semesters, which satisfy requirements stipulated by the Bologna Process and the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) for Master’s Courses.
The Electrical and Computer Engineering degree program from Nazarbayev University is designed to provide advanced skills and a detailed knowledge base at the graduate level for individuals working in academia, industry or research in Kazakhstan, region or throughout the world.
The MSc ECE provides a comprehensive technological and scientific preparation for engineers in 2 (two) key areas of Electrical and Computer Engineering: (a) Electrical Engineering; and (b) Computer Engineering.
Program Learning Outcomes (LOs)
On successful completion of the program the students will be able to demonstrate the ability
- to design, discuss and generate new ideas in a specialization of study chosen from the fields of electrical engineering or computer engineering;
- to identify, evaluate and elaborate advanced electrical and computer engineering problems and apply knowledge of mathematics and science to solve those problems;
- to determine, interpret and test current knowledge, technology, or techniques within their chosen electrical engineering or computer engineering specialization electives;
- to communicate, compose and discuss new ideas in writing through term projects and individual Master's Thesis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Signals and Systems
- Digital Logic Design
- Circuit Theory
- Electronic Circuits
- Computer Architecture
- Digital Signal Processing
- Electrical Machines
- Communication Systems
- Power System Analysis
- Microprocessor Systems
- Mixed Signal Circuits
- High Frequency Electronic Devices
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Energy & Power Engineering Computer Sciences
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent)
- A minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.0 (or equivalent)
- High level of English proficiency
- strong reading, analytical and mathematical skills as demonstrated by GRE test (optional). Although an official GRE score is not an essential requirement, an applicant can enhance her/his application with a competitive GRE score;
- High motivation and strong interest in the program as outlined in a statement of purpose;
- A curriculum vitae;
- Two letters of recommendation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International27000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27000 USD per year during 24 months.
National27000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27000 USD per year during 24 months.
KZT 11 502 000
Living costs for Nur-Sultan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.