Aims and Objectives
The mission of the School of Engineering and Digital Sciences at Nazarbayev University is to contribute to the development of Kazakhstan in terms of:
- Educating students with engineering expertise to lead organizations and provide innovative solutions for complex technical issues of enterprises.
- Conducting innovative and pioneering basics of applied research that evolve the body of knowledge in Engineering through interdisciplinary collaboration with other schools and research centers at Nazarbayev University and leading universities worldwide.
- Advancing the professional development in engineering through our service to the professional community and providing lifelong learning opportunities for practitioners.
The Civil and Environmental Engineering programme from Nazarbayev University aims to reflect the mission of the School of Engineering and accomplishes this by pursuing the following objectives:
- Extend the knowledge and skills in advanced civil and environmental engineering analysis and design, particularly in using latest modelling and analysis techniques;
- Develop solutions to civil and environmental engineering problems using in-depth knowledge and innovative ideas and techniques necessary for specialist engineers;
- Develop skills to conduct high quality research in the field of civil and environmental engineering;
- Provide awareness of the challenges in the profession and integrate engineering and non-engineering topics for leading organizations.
- Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering
- Advanced Concrete Technology
- Structural Evaluation and Rehabilitation
- Advanced Pavement Design, Analysis and Rehabilitation
- Advanced Concrete Design
- Theory of Physio-chemical Treatment Processes
- Contaminated Site Management and Soil Treatment Technologies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology Sustainable Energy
- An undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent)
- During the application period final year students may submit official current transcript for consideration.
- A minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.0 (or equivalent);
- High level of English proficiency
- Strong reading, analytical, and mathematical skills as demonstrated by GRE test (optional). Although an official GRE score is not an essential requirement, an applicant can enhance her/his application with a competitive GRE score;
- High motivation and strong interest in the program as outlined in a statement of purpose;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Two letters of recommendation.
International27000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27000 USD per year during 24 months.
National27000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27000 USD per year during 24 months.
KZT 11 502 000
Living costs for Nur-Sultan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.