Students are required to complete 120 ECTS credits, in 4 semesters, which satisfies the requirements stipulated by the Bologna Process and the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) for Master’s Degrees. The program is research oriented and it is designed to provide the skills required to solve advanced technical problems in chemical and materials engineering through a combination of Thesis Research and advanced coursework.
Aims and Objectives
- Educating students with engineering expertise to lead organizations and provide innovative solutions for complex technical issues of enterprises.
- Conducting innovative and pioneering basics of applied research that evolve the body of knowledge in Engineering through interdisciplinary collaboration with other schools and research centers at Nazarbayev University and leading universities worldwide.
- Advancing the professional development in engineering through our service to the professional community and providing lifelong learning opportunities for practitioners.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Technical Communication
- Advanced Applied Mathematics
- Advanced Materials Processing
- Advanced Materials Characterization Methods
- Advanced Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Research Methods And Ethics
- Research Seminar
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Materials Science & Engineering Mining, Oil & Gas View 9 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Kazakhstan
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent). During the application period, final year students may submit the official current transcript for consideration
- A minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.0 (or equivalent);
- Strong reading, analytical, and mathematical skills as demonstrated by GRE test (optional). Although an official GRE score is not an essential requirement, an applicant can enhance her/his application with a competitive GRE score.
- Only for Master of Engineering Management program - compulsory Strong mathematical skills as demonstrated by a test administered by the School on a set date. Applicants who provide valid GRE or GMAT test certificate may request
- exemption from mathematical skills test
- High motivation and a strong interest in the program as outlined in a statement of purpose
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International27000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27000 USD per year during 24 months.
National27000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27000 USD per year during 24 months.
11 502 000 KZT
Living costs for Nur-Sultan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.