The Chemical and Materials Engineering program at Nazarbayev University is research-oriented and it is designed to provide the skills required to solve advanced technical problems in chemical and materials engineering through a combination of Thesis Research and advanced coursework.
The mission of the School of Engineering and Digital Sciences at Nazarbayev University is to contribute to the development of Kazakhstan in terms of:
- Educating students with engineering expertise to lead organizations and provide innovative solutions for complex technical issues of enterprises.
- Conducting innovative and pioneering basics of applied research that evolve the body of knowledge in Engineering through interdisciplinary collaboration with other schools and research centers at Nazarbayev University and leading universities worldwide.
- Advancing the professional development in engineering through our service to the professional community and providing lifelong learning opportunities for practitioners.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Applied Mathematics
- Research Methods and Ethics
- Technical communication
- Research Seminar
- Advanced Materials Processing
- Advanced Heat and Mass Transfer
- Advanced Materials Characterization Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Materials Science & Engineering Mining, Oil & Gas
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent)
- During the application period final year students may submit official current transcript for consideration.
- A minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.0 (or equivalent);
- High level of English proficiency
- The absolute minimum requirement for English language proficiency test reports for admission to the program is:
- Overall IELTS test score of 6.5 (with sub-scores no less than 6.0) or the equivalent TOEFL score as posted on the ETS website;
- The absolute minimum requirement for English language proficiency test report for conditional admission (NUZYP) is an overall IELTS test score of 5.5, with no more than one sub-score of 5.0, or the equivalent TOEFL scores as posted on the ETS website;
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
- To learn more about the tuition fee applicable to this programme, please visit the university website.
Living costs for Nur-Sultan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Scholarships for International Students are available
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.