The Professional Practice Part 3 RIBA course at London South Bank University builds on the professional experience and knowledge students have gained over this period, and is intended to assist them acquire the appropriate skills, awareness and abilities to demonstrate professional competence and integrity.
The course is prescribed by the Architects Registration Board and validated by the Royal Institute of British Architects; successful students can apply for registration as an architect with the ARB and for chartered membership of the RIBA.
Professional architectural practice is being provided through a diverse and increasingly broad range of activities, frequently with conflicting demands. Architects must be able to navigate through the wide spectrum of legislative, regulatory, statutory and commercial constraints, and act ethically and with integrity to provide and communicate appropriate and effective professional services to clients, stakeholders and the wider society.
The RIBA Professional Practice Part 3 course helps students to be aware of, reflect on and act in accordance with these disparate aspects, in support of their architectural aspirations and skills.
The final qualification in the study of architecture is the Part 3, in which 5 years’ academic education and a minimum of 2 years’ professional experience is crystallised and evaluated against the minimum standards set by the profession for the competence and conduct of an architect.
The RIBA Professional Practice Part 3 course is prescribed by the ARB and validated by the RIBA, and validation cycles ensure that course content and outputs remain completely relevant and retain close appropriateness to professional practice. The course was commended by the RIBA in its re-validation in 2018.
Whilst the university has no means to ensure the economic situation nationally and globally will guarantee employment, the work graduates will have completed at the end of this course is intended to make them competitive in employment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The course comprises the following modules.
- Lecture series and examination
- Case study and records of professional experience
- Career evaluation and professional interview
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture View 121 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The course and examination are open to students who have obtained their ARB/RIBA Part 1 and Part 2 qualifications, or their equivalents as recognised by the Architects Registration Board.
- At the time of entry into the examination, candidates should have recently completed a minimum of 24 months' suitably recorded appropriate professional experience under the direct supervision of a professional working in the construction industry which should include at least 12 months working in the EEA, Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, under the direct supervision of an architect.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3100 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National3100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3100 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International undergraduate and postgraduate students scholarships:
- International Scholarships
- LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of students via our International Scholarships International Merit Scholarships
- We offer students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes with outstanding academic profiles a fee reduction of up to £4,000 on each full academic year's tuition fees.
- LSBU Loyalty Award
- We offer postgraduate Tuition Fee discounts for LSBU graduates progressing directly onto a postgraduate course and eligible alumni.
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank Merit Scholarship
- 25% fee reduction to ONCAMPUS London South Bank students progressing to university degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.