This Primary programme at London South Bank University leads to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). This course equips you to teach primary aged pupils, with a focus on the 5-11 age phase (Key Stage 1 and 2), or 3-7 age phase (Early Years and Key Stage 1), through school-based training, lectures, seminars, workshops and tutorials. You'll gain 60 Master's level credits and be awarded with a Postgraduate Certificate in Education.
Completion and employment rates for our PGCE are both above the sector norms and we have been identified as a good provider of initial teacher training (OFSTED 2014). Although we pride ourselves in providing teachers for London schools, successful students enter the teaching profession in a variety of schools within the UK.
All students entering the course have the possibility of gaining up to 60 credits at Masters level, which can be used by students to count towards the award of full Masters qualifications (such as the LSBU MA in Education) gained via further study after graduation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Equality, inclusion and citizenship
- SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disability)
- Early years education
- Enquiry based science
- Raising achievement in mathematics (RAiM)
- English: Language, learning and culture
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 901 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- UK or equivalent degree (Lower Second Class or above). This may be in any subject; it does not have to be a National Curriculum subject; and
- a standard equivalent to a GCSE grade C / grade 4 in mathematics, English language and a science subject or equivalency test passes awarded by A* Star Equivalency and Equivalency Testing. Please note, we do not accept Access to HE courses as equivalent. Applicants who have not yet met this requirement are welcome to apply, but will not be able to start the course until they have met this requirement; and
- A positive reference that highlights the candidate's suitability to become a teacher; and
- A written personal statement.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14900 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International undergraduate and postgraduate students scholarships:
- International Scholarships
- LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of students via our International Scholarships International Merit Scholarships
- We offer students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes with outstanding academic profiles a fee reduction of up to £4,000 on each full academic year's tuition fees.
- LSBU Loyalty Award
- We offer postgraduate Tuition Fee discounts for LSBU graduates progressing directly onto a postgraduate course and eligible alumni.
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank Merit Scholarship
- 25% fee reduction to ONCAMPUS London South Bank students progressing to university degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.