This Perinatal Mental Health course at the London South Bank University course offers the opportunity to gain a recognised postgraduate award at Certificate, Diploma or Masters level, enhancing your employability prospects.
Modules offer an opportunity to explore different aspects of perinatal mental health and to increase your knowledge and skills in relation to complex and challenging issues within perinatal mental health.
In addition, this course is also offered to non-health and social care professionals who have experience of working in the mental health or woman’s health field or voluntary organisations, who want the opportunity to engage with the wider issues of perinatal mental health.
For the majority of students, this course will enable you to care for women and families experiencing mental health issues with more confidence and competence, fulfilling the need placed within current universal services and will increase your employability as a healthcare professional involved in the provision of care for women during pregnancy and the puerperium. For others, this course will enable you to seek more specialist positions within specialist perinatal mental health services.
For non-health and social care professionals who work in voluntary sector organisations (including charities) and private companies, this course will enhance your knowledge of perinatal mental health, strengthening your contribution at a higher level; or enabling you to seek further employment opportunities either within voluntary sector organisations or the NHS.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Perinatal Mental Health
- Screening, assessment and management of maternal mental health conditions
- Socio-cultural aspects of maternal mental health
- Innovation for excellence - leading service change
- Mother-infant attachment and family relationships
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences View 839 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Hold a recognised health-related professional qualification and current professional registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) as a registered nurse or midwife or registered with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as a social worker or relevant professional role
- Employed within a health or social care environment
- An Honours degree (2.1) in a relevant subject, with a minimum of one year post registration practice experience; or
- A Higher National Diploma in a relevant subject and a minimum of three years post registration experience in a relevant field, or
- A professional qualification recognised as equivalent to an Honours degree, or a postgraduate diploma, or appropriate equivalent skills and experience.
A Higher National Diploma in a relevant subject and a minimum of three years post registration experience in a relevant field.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3312 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3312 GBP per year during 48 months.
National2570 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2570 GBP per year during 48 months.
PgDIp part time fees:
- UK fee: £2570
- International fee: £3311.11
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International undergraduate and postgraduate students scholarships:
- International Scholarships
- LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of students via our International Scholarships International Merit Scholarships
- We offer students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes with outstanding academic profiles a fee reduction of up to £4,000 on each full academic year's tuition fees.
- LSBU Loyalty Award
- We offer postgraduate Tuition Fee discounts for LSBU graduates progressing directly onto a postgraduate course and eligible alumni.
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank Merit Scholarship
- 25% fee reduction to ONCAMPUS London South Bank students progressing to university degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.