This Palliative and End of Life Care course at London South Bank University is based on the core competencies in palliative care identified by the European Association for Palliative Care. It is also congruent with core competences and principles for health and social care professionals working with adults at the end of life and aligns with DH and HEE priorities for workforce development in palliative and end of life care. It reflects the multi-professional nature of palliative care and health and social care professionals are given the opportunity to learn together; therefore, student learning is facilitated by a multi-professional teaching team using a Blended Learning Approach with a particular emphasis on linking theory to practice.
The course offers flexibility where students can choose to undertake the course on full time or part time basis. In addition, the course offers a choice of module from the CPPD portfolio to suits student’s personal and professional needs.
Possessing a broad and deep understanding of the theory and skills required to provide high quality palliative and end of life care, participants will be well positioned to assume advanced clinical, education and leadership roles in a variety of clinical settings nationally and internationally.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Palliative approaches to pain and symptom management
- Psychosocial, ethical and spiritual aspects of palliative care practice
- End of life care: Dementia and other non-malignant conditions
- Innovation for excellence - Leading service change
- Research in health and social care
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Administration View 454 other Masters in Health Administration in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A degree in nursing, medicine or dentistry, or a degree in life sciences or social sciences with a classification of 2:2 or above from a UK or an overseas university. However, applicants with significant clinical experience at a senior level with evidence of a minimum 80 undergraduate degree level credits (at least 15 credits of which has been completed within the past 2 years) will also be considered
- Applicants must be registered with a recognised professional body as appropriate
- Full-time and international applicants must demonstrate that they have had at least 6 months work experience in a relevant setting prior to their enrolment on the course
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9934 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9934 GBP per year during 36 months.
National7710 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7710 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International undergraduate and postgraduate students scholarships:
- International Scholarships
- LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of students via our International Scholarships International Merit Scholarships
- We offer students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes with outstanding academic profiles a fee reduction of up to £4,000 on each full academic year's tuition fees.
- LSBU Loyalty Award
- We offer postgraduate Tuition Fee discounts for LSBU graduates progressing directly onto a postgraduate course and eligible alumni.
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank Merit Scholarship
- 25% fee reduction to ONCAMPUS London South Bank students progressing to university degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.