This Nursing (Neuroscience Care) master’s course at the London South Bank University prepares you to for a wide variety of roles as a nurse specialist, consultant or educator in a wide variety of professional healthcare settings.
You'll develop your intellectual skills to collect and interpret medical information at a higher level.
Why Nursing (Neuroscience Care) at LSBU?
- Study at a flexible pace to suit your career development and commitments; study part-time and complete within 3-6 years.
- Provides a stepping stone to working at a more advanced level or more senior position that will allow practitioners to realise their full potential.
- Develop the knowledge to work in your chosen field of practice and attain strategic leadership, management and communication skills
We'll equip you to progress in your career and to work in neuroscience care settings as a clinical expert. You'll learn to lead and develop in nursing practice whilst enhancing patient safety by:
- Gaining a sound systematic knowledge of pathophysiology and medical sciences as applied to neuroscience nursing.
- Applying in-depth critical thinking skills in the making of evidence based clinical decisions in order to provide high quality safe care.
- Acting as a role model in advancing critical care through academic and practice skills applied directly to practice.
- Selecting effective communication strategies with patients, families and carers as well as members of the wider health team.
- Appraising and synthesising information from a wide range of sources and effectively disseminating findings in relation to neuroscience care.
- Responding to thee changing demands of health care practice and promoting the health and wellbeing of patients with neurological problems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of neuroscience care
- Evidence-based neuroscience care
- Applied pathophysiology and pharmacology
- Research in health and social care
- Innovation for excellence: leading service change
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesNursing Neuroscience View 142 other Masters in Neuroscience in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To enrol onto this course you'll need to be professionally registered (i.e. with the NMC) and have a minimum of 6 months post-qualification experience working in a neuroscience setting.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4967 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4967 GBP per year during 36 months.
National3855 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3855 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.