This National Award for Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) course from London South Bank University covers...
The course enables you to demonstrate the necessary skills, knowledge and understanding to meet National College for Teaching and Leadership's (NCTL) learning outcomes for the National Award for Special Educational Needs Coordination. The NCTL stipulate particular outcomes in terms of:
- Professional skills, knowledge and understanding: including an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the legislative context for SEN and theoretical concepts that underpin effective leadership and practice. To be informed by current practice, scholarship and research, and a critical awareness of current issues and developments in the subject and the profession;
- Professional development: including the expertise and capabilities that SENCOs need to lead and coordinate provision effectively.
- Professional values: including the personal and professional qualities that SENCOs need to make a positive impact on the ethos and culture in schools and other settings.
And, you'll you'll also be expected to engage critically and reflectively with the research and theory in the area of inclusion and SEND.
We are University of the Year for Graduate Employment for the second year in a row - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018, 2019.
At LSBU, we want to set you up for a successful career. During your studies – and for two years after you graduate – you’ll have access to our Employability Service, which includes:
- An online board where you can see a wide range of placements: part-time, full-time or voluntary. You can also drop in to see our Job Shop advisers, who are always available to help you take the next step in your search.
- Our Careers Gym offering group workshops on CVs, interview techniques and finding work experience, as well as regular presentations from employers across a range of sectors.
Our Student Enterprise team can also help you start your own business and develop valuable entrepreneurial skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Improving learning outcomes for children and young people with SEND
- Leadership and management of provision for children and young people with SEND
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 96 other Masters in Special Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Minimum BA/BSc and Qualified Teacher Status
- All applicants must be serving teachers and be able to supply a current DfE number and letter of support from their head teacher.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International undergraduate and postgraduate students scholarships:
- International Scholarships
- LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of students via our International Scholarships International Merit Scholarships
- We offer students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes with outstanding academic profiles a fee reduction of up to £4,000 on each full academic year's tuition fees.
- LSBU Loyalty Award
- We offer postgraduate Tuition Fee discounts for LSBU graduates progressing directly onto a postgraduate course and eligible alumni.
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank Merit Scholarship
- 25% fee reduction to ONCAMPUS London South Bank students progressing to university degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.