Top reasons to study SENCO here...
- Professional links: Sessions on the module will be taken by teachers and senior leaders from outstanding-rated partnership SEND schools.
- Grow personally and professionally: Develop and demonstrate the personal and professional qualities and leadership you need to shape an ethos and culture based upon person-centred and inclusive practice.
- Work-based placements: You'll already be working in a school – and applying your course learning to your role. However, there may be the possibility of additional visits to SEND schools to broaden your teaching experience.
This course covers...
The National Award for Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) course offered at London South Bank University enables you to demonstrate the necessary skills, knowledge and understanding to meet National College for Teaching and Leadership's (NCTL) learning outcomes for the National Award for Special Educational Needs Coordination. The NCTL stipulate particular outcomes in terms of:
- Professional skills, knowledge and understanding: including an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the legislative context for SEN and theoretical concepts that underpin effective leadership and practice. To be informed by current practice, scholarship and research, and a critical awareness of current issues and developments in the subject and the profession;
- Professional development: including the expertise and capabilities that SENCOs need to lead and coordinate provision effectively.
- Professional values: including the personal and professional qualities that SENCOs need to make a positive impact on the ethos and culture in schools and other settings.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Improving learning outcomes for children and young people with SEND
- Leadership and management of provision for children and young people with SEND
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 82 other Masters in Special Education in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Minimum BA/BSc and Qualified Teaching Status.
- All applicants must be serving teachers and have the support of their head teacher.
International4823 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4823 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA2756 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2756 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.