Students are required to complete 120 ECTS credits, in 4 semesters, which satisfies requirements stipulated by the Bologna Process and the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) for Master’s Degrees.
The MSc in Mining Engineering program at Nazarbayev University is designed to establish advanced skills and a detailed knowledge base at the graduate level for individuals working in academia, industry or research settings in Kazakhstan or throughout the world.
The program consists of course work as well as research components. The first year of the degree covers the advanced level of knowledge in mining engineering and prepares the student to conduct research in the second year of their studies. In the second year, students are expected to develop and practice research within the area of mining engineering discipline.
Furthermore, the program will also give students a wide variety of the skills in problem solving, teamwork and effective communications. The distinctive feature of the program as compared to similar programs in Kazakhstan will be in the overall structure of the course content which covers a broader spectrum of the Mining Engineering field with a stronger research emphasis, rather than being area-specific.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Geology for Mining
- Applied Geostatistics
- Mine Geomechanics
- Advanced Mine Ventilation
- Rock Excavation
- Advanced Rock
- Advanced Surface Mine Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Mining, Oil & Gas View 3 other Masters in Mining, Oil & Gas in Kazakhstan
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Complete Application form
- Official copy of degree diplomas/certificates with transcripts (with notarized English translation);
- Official proof of work experience (with notarized English translation) (if necessary);
- IELTS or TOEFL test report/certificate valid as of date of online documents submission to the MSc in Mining Engineering /MSc in Petroleum Engineering program;
- Official copy of Passport/national ID (with notarized English translation);
- GRE test reports/certificates (OPTIONAL)
- a curriculum vitae (up to 2 pages);
- a statement of purpose for graduate studies (up to 500 words);
- two letters of recommendation
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
- To learn more about the tuition fee applicable to this programme, please visit the university website
Living costs for Nur-Sultan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.