Based on the principles on 'nothing about us without us', content is informed by the experiences of people who identify personally with autism and/or SEND. You'll be prepared for a wide variety of settings, from early years of education through to college or university. Disabled people are actively encouraged to apply and will receive appropriate support.
This Education - Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) course at London South Bank University will enable you to work with disabled students in schools, colleges, alternative education settings and in universities. Its content is of benefit to both teachers and staff in non-teaching roles, including mentors, disability officers and learning support assistants. It's also relevant to staff in strategic and operational leadership roles.
It is a professional and academic degree that provides an in-depth understanding of inclusive practice in education across the age range (in keeping with the 0-25 framework in the Children and Families Act 2014). You'll explore the diverse requirements of learners identified with SEND and the best practice to support inclusive learning. You'll be encouraged to critically engage with relevant theory and legislation contextualised and applied in practice.
This programme will contribute to your employability and the National SENCO award may be a requirement of your workplace.
Progression from the MA to the Doctorate in Education can further enhance your prospects, particularly in academia and research, giving you the opportunity to become published in referred journals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Special educational needs and disability
- Teaching and learning: The needs of learners with special needs, autism and disability
- Reasearch Methods
- Autism individuality and identity
- SENCO National Award
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 735 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An honours degree (2:2 or above) or equivalent. Please discuss your qualifications with the admissions tutor if you are unsure.
- Applicants should have Qualified Teacher Status and be employed as a teacher in an educational setting.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5133 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5133 GBP per year during 36 months.
National2926 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2926 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International undergraduate and postgraduate students scholarships:
- International Scholarships
- LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of students via our International Scholarships International Merit Scholarships
- We offer students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes with outstanding academic profiles a fee reduction of up to £4,000 on each full academic year's tuition fees.
- LSBU Loyalty Award
- We offer postgraduate Tuition Fee discounts for LSBU graduates progressing directly onto a postgraduate course and eligible alumni.
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank Merit Scholarship
- 25% fee reduction to ONCAMPUS London South Bank students progressing to university degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.