Education for Sustainability (EfS) offered by London South Bank University is a distance learning postgraduate course at Masters level delivered by a team of experts. The unique structure of distance learning enables international students to gain a globally recognised qualification from the UK.
Although many of our students are educators or NGO educational, training or campaigning staff, we also draw students from many other backgrounds, including health, media, business, government, botanical and zoological work.
If you're looking to study in London, then we also offer a full-time option for students.
Employers have found that the programme has enabled students to develop and enhance work practices in the light of current theories and debates. This has led to a number of organisations sponsoring their staff to do the programme as a means of capacity building and staff development. Many EFS graduates have gone onto gain promotion, career advancement or have made use of the course to change their career direction.
The course provides the following transferable skills, which are valued by employers:
- Effective communication
- Ability to apply theory to practice
- Understanding and managing change
- Problem solving and strategic planning
- Critical thinking
- Holistic thinking
- Curriculum leadership skills.
London Regional Centre of Expertise
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Values and participation in EFS; from local to global
- Leadership, learning and climate change: the sustainability revolution
- Theory and perspectives on environment and development
- Science and culture in education for sustainability
- Researching education for Sustainability
- Dissertation (MSc only)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- PgDip: 120 credits
- MSc: 180 credits
DisciplinesEducation View 202 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- For successful application you need an Honours degree minimum of 2:2 award from a UK, EU or International University (Bachelor degree equivalent to UK Second Class Honours Lower Division) or equivalent professional qualification/experience.
- Although our programme is primarily designed for educators and communicators striving for a sustainable world, we welcome anyone from any other background provided they are committed to becoming an agent for change for sustainability in their professional, social or cultural context. We welcome students from all parts of the world and view this rich diversity as an asset to the emerging field of EfS as well as to our programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9646 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9646 GBP per year during 16 months.
EU/EEA5513 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5513 GBP per year during 16 months.
Year 1 PTDL Southwark PGDIP Sept:
- UK/EU fee: £2756.67
- International fee: £4823.33
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.