This MSc in Children's Nursing at the London South Bank University is aimed at Children's Nurses who expect their career to remain primarily in child health care professional practice, are working in primary, secondary or tertiary clinical settings and who wish to continue their academic development to postgraduate level
You'll also learn to understand the current structure of Children's Services Provision and the role of the nurse within that structure. You'll demonstrate your commitment to excellence in providing care for children and their families, as well as analyse future research needs within your area of practice. Your studies should contribute towards improving care provided for children, young people and the family.
In addition, you'll enhance your life-long learning skills and personal development, enabling you to work with self-direction and originality as well as contribute to professional practice and to society.
Distinctive features of this programme include:
- Meeting the education and training needs of employers and individuals through flexible part-time study;
- The taught programme is complemented by e-learning support and interactive online activities and is supported by expert children's nurses;
- Emphasis is on integrating theoretical approaches with the practice of Children's Nursing;
- Assessment uses innovative practice based approaches such as mock clinical scenarios and reflective logs.
Employment prospects are excellent, with graduates gaining contemporary knowledge and skills which ensures their contribution toadvancing professional practice in children's nursing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Improving quality, change management and leadership
- Applied anatomy and physiology for children and young people
- Fundamental concepts of caring for children, young people and families
- Building practice skills for children's nursing
- Enhancing practice skills in children's nursing
- Care of the critically ill child and young person
- Research in health and social care
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 1011 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A Bachelor degree with a minimum 2:2 classification. Candidates without a health or science related degree are required to complete a Life Sciences work book package to satisfy the Life Sciences element of the APL portfolio.
- Please make sure you have the required GCSE qualifications (or equivalent Level 2 qualifications) before applying for this course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International undergraduate and postgraduate students scholarships:
- International Scholarships
- LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of students via our International Scholarships International Merit Scholarships
- We offer students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes with outstanding academic profiles a fee reduction of up to £4,000 on each full academic year's tuition fees.
- LSBU Loyalty Award
- We offer postgraduate Tuition Fee discounts for LSBU graduates progressing directly onto a postgraduate course and eligible alumni.
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank Merit Scholarship
- 25% fee reduction to ONCAMPUS London South Bank students progressing to university degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.